Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Orange Cake; Simple and nice



I found a few recipe online but the I still would recommend the recipe from Town of Renmark, Australia. Believe it or not, this recipe was by tough country man Paul Hansen. One more interesting face is Renmark have introduce men's only cake competition. Maybe.. I should sign up haha.


Recipe:

85g        Butter
3           Eggs
1 1/4 C   SR flour, sifted
1/2 C      Castor Sugar
90ml     Orange juice (fresh is good!)
Grated rind of one orange


Method:
1. 180'C preheated Oven, use 20cm round cake pan and line the base
2. Golden rules: first butter, then sugar, then egg, then flour, then oranges juice
     (if  you don't really understand the Golden rules of it, just comment or contact me, I will tell u)
3. Bake about 30-40 min, until Golden Brown and firm when touch.
4. Optional: Orange Icing topping when serve


Tips: too much oranges juice (Acid) would make the cake collapse

No comments:

Post a Comment