Friday, August 6, 2010

Chocolate Semi-Freddo

Introduction:
My God-brother Edmund was asking me to try make this interesting ingredient from the recipe books I have. So I on my search for this particular cheese know as "Mascarpone" familiar name but never eat,seen or tried it before. So I asked a baker which I always visit her shop, to check also if she sell it. She told me she never sell it because of the quick expiry date and expensive, 250g will cost about Rm25. And after long time of give up finding it ever since the Rm25 for 250g. And came I saw it sell at Tesco, so I took a deep breath and just get it and thinking of cry later if i failed; but It didn't ^^

ps: I accidental deleted the photo, it look likes normal ice-cream but taste darn nice.

Ingredients
250g      Mascarpone Cheese
2Tbsp    Brandy
2 Tbsp   Fine Ground Espresso Coffee
25g        Icing sugar
75g        Bitter/Plain Chocolate,grated
5tbsp     Single Cream
300ml    Double Cream

To Decorate:
Coffee liqueur(optional)
Lightly Whipped Cream

method:
1. Beat the ingredient(Mascarpone,brandy,coffee,icing sugar,chocolate and single cream)  in a cake mixer,
   Until well mixed.
2. In a separated process, beat the double cream with hands until have stiff peak.
3. Mix both together with a spatula, stir gently for ingredient to mix well, keep in freezer for overnight(more than 3 hours)

Without Ice-cream making technique

  • Keep in freezer, whisk it again for every 20min, from whisk to spatula. Until it is well mixed.

No comments:

Post a Comment