Saturday, October 23, 2010

Sweet Bun for my sweet ^^



Story:
haha.. I always wanted to try bake bread, I knew how to bake cakes,pie and other minor thingy. But bread? I still have no ideas, out of the many kinds of breads, I wanted try croissant but...... it is too difficult to try it now, ingredient is hard to find in Australia, especially the small town i stay. Second choice is the sweet bun, I tried it yesterday, it turn out not bad, just a little hard(over bake, my dad ask me to calculate bills, by the time i realize is a bit over, but still good) Today I did a lot of improvement ^^ I love it; just the sausage make it sucky a bit haha

When I was still at middle school, I used to day dream, my mother will bake me sausage bun for me to take to school, but chances never came, we were poor once. Oven and learning is costly. So my dream come true by friends and family who encourage me today. Everything I do and learn is from others person than myself

Ps: choose the right sausage for the right bun ^^ and I don't create this recipe, I took it from internet; please refer to the owner I just edited a bit for my own personal taste


Ingredient:
150g Self Raising Flour  (300plain flour + 1 3/4 tsp Baking powder)
150g Plain Flour
5g     Active Dry Yeast
3g     Salt
125g Milk
1       Eggs
60g   Castor Sugar
50g   Butter
(Eggs for glazing when bake)

1. Mix all dry ingredients in a mixing bowl. Add in milk, egg and butter. Mix into doughy(hand)
    Place the dough on a lightly floured work surface. Knead the dough until the gluten developed,
    keep kneading for 20mins. Even it is sticky, just keep twisting and kneading making sure all mix well.
2. Place the kneaded dough in the bowl and cover it when dam towel or plastic wrap, this help to
    seal the moisture. Allow to dough to ferment. Will double it size in 1 hour
3. Take out the dough and punch out the air produced. Let it rest again for 15min
4. Dive the dough in your way, usually 60g a portion. Shape and filling with desire, place on the greased or
    line pan and let it proof again for 30min-45min before into the oven
5. Brush eggs oven the top and oven it for 190'C for 15mins.
6. Done and let it cool down and put into your mouth! haha

ref: http://happyhomebaking.blogspot.com

2 comments:

  1. ever try lolipop bun?




    [Jino] - A man's not a man unless he knows how to shoot

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha... 3 month left.. and u have to teach me >.<

    ReplyDelete