Sunday, April 18, 2010

Home-made Dim Sim



My mother taught me how to make a very nice dim sim without spending at outside, which really high cost, i only use about rm15 i can made about 100 piece of dim sim. This version of Dim Sim is consist of vegetable; The smell is smooth and nice. i know it is different but i tell you, I love my parents recipe better. If you eat outside in "Kopitiam" the smell is tooo meaty and if wanna eat a nice one, you have to spend a lot at Dim Sim restaurant.

Keep in mind that, because me and my parents have the sense of taste and agar-agar(roughly feeling) we hardly mearsure the quantity of ingredient we do. Anyway, I tried my best by explaning, first I will show you the ingredient.

INGREDIENT:

Meat(pork)/chieh bak : 2kg, mince
Salary                         : 4-6 stick (depending on size)
Carrot                        : 1-2          (depending on size)
Spring onion               : just a handful, finely chopped
Cabbage                    : just a handful, finely chopped
Garlic                         : handful ( I don't put cuz i don like lol)
Wanton/dimsim skin   : 1-2 packet

FYI = All must finely chopped in small piece, EXCEPT the dimsim skin, duh....

SEASONING:

Oyster Sauce         :  ?????? (because i roughly)
Soy Sauce             : put a lot
Sesame Oil            : ??????
Sugar                     :??????
Pepper                  : ?????
Flour                     : handfull

My way of doing it. I use hand to mix all the ingredient together and add all seasoning in together and keep stir around finely with your hand. Don't be afraid to taste your hand for the right amount of seasoning, i know is disgusting, but rather be brave than be sorry.

2. Nicely wrap the meat in the Dimsim skin and put on the plate(put abit oil on surface to keep from sticky) and steam it for 10-15min. And it is done!


^^ Hope you all enjoy, email me or facebook me for more advise

2 comments: