Monday, September 12, 2011

For Mother with Love~



Yesterdays was my mother's birthday, she called me up and

she said:        "hey~~ It is my birthday and you didn't call me"
David:           "mum~... of course I know it is your birthday,I didn't call because you are still working"
She said:       "Anyway~ did you bake a cake for me??
David:           "Of course~~ I did" (very sarcastically) [But in reality I haven't even bake it]

Scene 1 -When at restaurant, after showing her the cake-

Mother:         "Waa... soo nice ah?
David:           " Of cuz la~ You my mother and I make my best for ya"
Mother:         *Smile :-)

Scene 2 - When we eating and she bragging - LOL


Mother:       " You know ah.. this cake is made by my son, he "bla bla bla(bragging about me)
Friend 1:     "waaa... waaaa" Amazement +compliment + good comments"
Mother:       " he ah.. love to bake, and all very nice~~"
  [basically my mother won't compliment me in-front but to others  :-) -typical Chinese way]

Scene 3 - WHen she love me and love me not~ :-P
Mother:       "Aiyo~ why you hair got hole here and there?"
David:         " these are not hole, it is layer and fashion"
Mother:       "aiya~~ sooo ugly, U should cut like this, like gangsters"
David >>>>>>>         [=.=]" -  speechless but LOL



My September 2011, hairstyle 

PS: My mother love my cake not my hairstyle :-(




I was thinking it is my assignment due tomorrow and I haven't complete it yet :(
and I am out of ideas what to bake, have to shop, have to clean, do this, do that.

and I thought to myself, "HEY DAVID! SHE IS YOUR MOTHER FOR GOODNESS SAKE"
haha so.. I drag myself to grocery in yesterday Sunday afternoon, bought some grocery, while thinking
what to bake. In the mean time, i recall my sister Angeline asked me try to bake this particular cake, called "Red Velvet Cake" sound like a flower flavor cake to me, I actually thought it is; It is also know as "Devil Food Cake" wow~~ sound deadly yet yummy. Sinful taste :P yum yum~~

Anyway, long story short, I spend my night baking this newly learned recipe, and give it a go. Pouring all my sweat into this cake, baking it, study it. PROTECTING IT haha..
I have felt a bit jumpy, fear of anything might destroy the cake. I actually called a taxi to pick me up to the restaurant, that is a money i will to pay for security of transporting my cake to my mother safety, when arrived at restaurant, i didn't even allow the waiter to touch it, i have bring the cake myself with the stairs haha.

The Cake, I actually have a stress while making it, neglecting my gym time and risking my assignment, few hours before it due. Decorating cake was not an easy task, I actually shouting help from my friend Valerie(Taiwanese, artist, besties), I taught her how to cook, usually she show me how to decorate with her creativity. Anyway.. I destroyed the first design in my mind, without enough cream and cake's left over bits. I glad i didn't give up and still thinking nothing and let holy spirit guide haha. THank God :)

My first design is, only red and white. But I ended up using chocolate to cover the ugly spot but it turns out beautiful :)

No comments:

Post a Comment