Monday, July 5, 2010

Sloppy Joes


Introduction:

Sloppy Joes is an American Dish, I get to know this from a movie show called " It takes 2" acted by the Olsen Twins. Me and My brother got to eat them for the first time is at a restaurant located in Klang, was brought by my sister. And It was really DELICIOUS!! But it was close down very fast. Can't never forget the name, "sloppy joes~ Sloppy Joes" but me and my brother called it, "Slappy" instead haha.. influenced by children mind. And I finally found one recipe that is quite close with my ideas of it ^^ just I change from beef to mutton.

Trust me, this is really a different thing ^^

Ingredient:

500g Minced Mutton/Beef
2 tbsp of chopped garlic
1 whole chopped onion
1tbsp Mustard
1tbsp Tomato ketchup
1tbsp Tomato Paste
2tsp Brown Sugar
1tsp Steak Seasoning
1 Worcestershire Sauce
3tbsp water

Salt and Pepper for tasting



(optional) Cheddar cheese to cook or serve with it
(optional) chili flake
(optional) Burger Buns/croissant/bread slices to serve it ^^

Method:
1. Fry the garlic and onion until fragrant, then pour over the minced meat. Drain the excess oil
2. Add mustard,ketchup,tomato paste, Worcestershire together and stir it with medium heat
3. Add sugar and water and let it simmer until less moist in a low heat. Then serve! ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment